Pages

Jan 27, 2012

What's Cooking?...Pineapple Salsa

This last weekend Andy and I got together with some friends to play a game of Settlers. (Don't judge!) I use to think that game was so nerdy and stupid, until I played it one day. Now I love it and get super excited to play!

I knew there would be junk food for people to much on, so I wanted to make something that was very snackable, yet healthy. Salsa was the first thing that came to mind. I have a huge sweet tooth though, so I wanted to zest it up a little with some pineapple and lime zest. This recipe was thrown together last minute, but I am quite pleased with it. I paired it with some homemade flatbread chip/crackers...recipe to follow next week.

Zesty Pineapple Salsa

  • 5 Roma Tomatoes (I like these because they seem firmer, you can use any kind of tomato though)
  • 1/2 of a large onion
  • 1 whole bunch of parsley
  • 1 can of pineapple
  • a good sprinkle of garlic salt
  • juice of 2 limes
  • zest of 1 lime
  • a splash of hot sauce, or more depending on how spicy you like things

Chop everything up pretty finely. Add the garlic salt, lime juice and zest, and hot sauce. Mix well and voila, there is your pineapple salsa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...