Pages

Dec 29, 2011

Old Photo Thursday

These lovely people are Andy's Grandparents. They were in their 20s when they got married and it is obvious because they look young. They are also dressed so simply because they were (are) Mennonites. In fact, if you look close I think she is wearing a bonnet or head covering on the back of her head. I bet her mother, or some family relative made this dress for her. I should really get these details straightened out before I post these pictures. I do love having these old family photos though. They really get me thinking. I wonder all sorts of things like what the wedding was like, and how they felt, how was the rest of the family involved, how much did it cost...etc. Those times were so different from now, it is just hard to imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...