Pages

Jan 6, 2012

What's cooking?...Doughnuts

Easy 10 Minute Doughnuts!

Doughnuts have long been a Christmas tradition of my family. They go back as far as I can remember. My mom usually makes the 2-day kind with mashed potatoes in them and lets them rise for a whole day. They taste awesome, but few people have that kind of time. One Christmas my mom decided she was not going to make doughnuts, so my younger brother set out to find his own simple way of making doughnuts for the family...and he did just that! These literally take 10 minutes per biscuit container.

1.) Start with a can of biscuits. They can be any kind. If the can says 10 biscuits, it will make 10 doughnuts...simple!

2.) Use your thumb and forefinger to make a hole in the biscuit and stretch it apart so that it resembles a doughnut.


3.) Fry the doughnuts in an inch or two of any kind of oil. I think we use canola or vegetable oil.


4.) When the doughnuts are browned on both sides take them out of the oil and let them drain on some paper towels.


5.) Decorate your doughnuts as you please. A simple glaze can be made of mixing powdered sugar with milk until you get the desired consistency you want. Cocoa powder can be added to that mixture, or any other flavoring that you like.

Biscuit Doughnuts are a fun easy thing to do with kids! My brothers and I always loved decorating doughnuts as we were growing up, and now we let our little cousins take over the decorating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...