Pages

Jul 30, 2012

Mango Caprese Salad...3 ways

When it is a hot and sticky summer (Virginia summers are the worst!) I crave fruits and veggies. Especially when they are fresh. This summer we started a little herb garden and all of a sudden the basil has taken off! To put it to good use I decided to make a caprese salad. Tomato, mozzarella, and fresh basil together are to die for! When I saw uneaten mangoes in the refrigerator I decided to incorporate them.


The caprese salad alone, as a snack or side dish was amazing! I could have eaten 10 of them! We had friends coming in for the weekend, so I decided to do a spin off of my mango caprese salad and make it for a vineyard picnic. It was a huge hit!


Then to use up some more basil I made another one. This time it was part of a larger meal. Not quite a 5 course meal, but a fancy meal along those lines none the less.


This Mango Caprese Salad is so simple to make and tastes out of this world. Here's what I did:

-Slice fresh mozzarella into rounds.
-Slice chilled mango into large pieces.
-Take the basil leaves off the stems.
Then layer everything however you would like to serve it. Top it with sea salt and a bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...