Pages

Jul 10, 2012

Fruity Horchata Pops

I have never been a huge fan of popsicles. I am a HUGE fan of horchata though. That creamy cinnamony Mexican rice drink that satisfies to the fullest on a hot day.


Recently Andy insisted that we buy popsicle makers. You know, the plastic things that freeze the popsicles. So we bought some and they just sat around empty. Finally I decided to give it a go and turn my favorite drink into a popsicle. Now I may be hooked!


Fruity Horchata Pops (makes about 8 popsicles):
-2 cups milk (I used almond milk and it was amazing!)
-1/2 cup cooked white rice
-1/4 cup chopped cherries
-1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
-2 teaspoons cinnamon
-2 Tablespoons sugar

Cook the white rice first using 2.5:1 ratio of water to rice. (Cook about 1/4 dried rice, to get 1/2 cup for recipe.) Add some cinnamon when making the rice. When rice is finished, stir everything together over low heat. Fill popsicle molds and freeze overnight. Enjoy!


What summer drinks do you enjoy? Have you tried turning them into popsicles? I'd love to get my hands on some more recipes if you'd like to share.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...