Pages

Feb 17, 2012

What's Brewing?...Homemade Margaritas

I love tequila, it is my go-to liquor. Most people have had a bad experience with a particular liquor...mine was Jack Daniels Whiskey. Not tequila though. Tequila is always a good time, it is smooth, relaxing, and fun! When paired with lime is can only get better. (I love lime, just look at my blog name!) I used to only drink margaritas in the summer, but recently I wanted to spice up a cold evening, so what better idea than a homemade margarita.


Ingredients

  • 2 ounces tequila (use a shot glass to measure)
  • 1 tablespoon kosher salt
  • 3 limes
  • 2 tablespoons light agave nectar
  • 2 ice cubes

Directions

Dip the rim of a martini or other wide rimmed glass into a saucer of tequila. Next, dip the glass into the kosher salt to coat the rim. Set aside.

Cut a garnish off of one of the lime. Juice the rest of the limes and pour into a shaker...or two glasses. Add the agave nectar and a few ice cubes and shake well for about 1 minute.

Pour into your rimmed glass and top the side with a lime wedge.

1 comment:

  1. I like to rub the glass rim with the cut lime and dip that in the salt. I also use a tiny bit of Triple Sec instead of agave. You can use the cheap stuff and it's still pretty good! Triple Sec is also great on chocolate ice cream.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...