Pages

Dec 9, 2011

What's cooking?


Parmesan Roasted Acorn Squash
I found this on the Modcloth blog, but they got the recipe from Real Simple

This recipe was so enticing that I had to try it for myself. It was easy too! It makes the perfect snack, or side dish for a meal. Since today was rainy I thought this would be the perfect thing to make. Unfortunately I used my husband's (Andy) acorn squash that apparently he was saving...for what?! He was upset to find out that I was using it, but once he tried the finished product he wouldn't stop raving about it.

Try it and love it!

1 2-pound acorn squash — halved, seeded, and sliced 3/4 inch thick
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 sprigs fresh thyme
Kosher salt and black pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan

1. Heat oven to 400°F.
2. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the squash with the olive oil, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle with the Parmesan.
3. Roast the squash until golden brown and tender, 25 to 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...