Pages

Nov 30, 2011

Urban Beehive



This Urban Beehive is a futuristic concept for keeping bees anywhere you may live. It was created by designers Clive van Heerden and Jack Mama who are part of the Philips design team.

The design was created so that bees are attracted to the flowers in the pot which is kept on the outside of the house. They pollinate and then make their way inside the beehive where they make the honey. Smoke can be released into the hive after a while, thus driving the bees out and allowing the owner to collect the honey.

This was created as an unconventional yet appealing way to pollinate urban areas. It also allows for honey to be made and used in an urban environment.

I really enjoy this idea and would love to get my hands on one of these Urban Beehives! I have always wanted to keep bees, but thought it was out of my reach because I live in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...